Friday 30 August 2013

Does NOT take much to start the weekend right

Well, on my way home getting ready for the long weekend I realized that sometimes omission can also be an act of kindness.

I was going through the Tim Horton's drive thru and I kid you not, 2 seconds after receiving my order the lady behind me decided to lay into her horn. Really? 2 seconds? I was just putting my stuff down so I could drive!!

Honestly I hate that my first reaction was something along the lines of "what the $&#%" I really just wanted to get out of my car and lay into her.  Thankfully I remembered what I'm trying to do here, so I pulled out and carried on, with an apologetic wave in my rear view mirror... Sometimes kindness is having patience and not giving into our knee-jerk reactions.  For all I know the woman was having a rough day (I mean, hey we all do... And I won't pretend that I'm 100% patient 100% of the time)

I hope that this will remind us all to have a little patience, I mean... It does go both ways.

Once I got home I was feeling extra inspired.  It's a long weekend and raining out, let's start it out right!  I've had this Petro gift card burning a hole in my pocket for a while now just waiting for the right moment to use it and tonight was the night.

I went to a Petro Canada at Woodroffe and Fallowfield and waited for a while but it didn't feel right. Too many people in a hurry, the vibe just wasn't there... So I turned around and went to one about 5 minutes away.  There were a bunch of cars but something just felt right.  After parking my car, I went into the store to get some snacks for the weekend (I didn't really need any but... Believe it or not you get some interesting looks if you're sitting in your car parked at a gas station just watching people and looking around lol)
While I was inside purchasing my things I got to ask the cashier whether or not a car at one of the pumps had already paid ( I know... I was suspicious enough already... I'm sure he thought I was crazy.  Thankfully he was very nice about it) the answer was no!  I couldn't see the person gassing up so I figure what a great way to pick someone at random!  I explained what I wanted to do and asked him to wait until the customer finished pumping before ringing me through and that I wanted to use my gift card and then pay the difference in cash.  It was really hard not to freak out when the customer walked in the door... And I really wanted to stick around and see what happened, but after paying I ran out to my car and drive away quickly.  I have to admit I was really glad that I caught a glimpse of the man from my rear view mirror, smiling!

What a great way to start the long weekend... I hope each of you is as happy this weekend as I am right now!! 

Have a safe and super weekend, spread some love and kindness :)

I'm Just some girl, learning more as I go along!

Xoxo JSG

No comments:

Post a Comment