Monday 26 August 2013

Weekend Update... Act of kindness or just being a friend?

Hmm.. for some reason my Friday update didn’t get posted until today, which means that my weekend update is now falling on the same day as my end of week update, but that’s okay! I’m a bit torn about whether or not I consider this to be one of my “acts of kindness” because, really the way I see it I was just doing a favor for a friend. 

 

A friend of mine had been trying to make a date with a guy, but they had been having a hard time setting a day because of conflicting schedules (he had work when she was free, when he was free she had the kids!)  Usually my Friday nights are reserved for “date night” but last week I decided that my girlfriend deserved a date night too, so I volunteered to babysit her two kids for her.  I feel like I should probably note a) that I’ve never met her kids before, and b) I haven’t babysat in…oh, I don’t know… something like 8 years? I was TERRIFIED of what they would do to me, would they like me? Would they hate me? Would they try to make me cry? I had no way of knowing, but it was a risk I was willing to take for my friend.  I’m pleased to report that not only did the date go well, but the kids were well behaved and nobody ended the day traumatized (I don’t think!) I don’t think I count this as one of my “25” but maybe it can be #26 (you know, for good luck?)

 

On Saturday, I went to get breakfast.  The grand total came up to something like $9.00 and I gave my waiter a $20 and told him to keep the change. I honestly thought he might poop himself… This one may not seem like a big deal, but a tip that is more than 100% seems to mean a lot to some people!

 

On Sunday I didn’t actually COMPLETE one of my “acts” but I did get the ball rolling and started putting together more bags of clothes that I can donate to the Salvation Army (or Canadian Diabetes… I haven’t decided yet. Possibly a bag to each), so I am hoping to have all of that done by the end of the week so that I can drop them off… but it was a start!

 

As you can see, not everything I am doing has to do with money, and sometimes I think that those gifts are even better (the ones without money, I mean!)  I’m hoping to have more to update soon, and even more so I’m hoping that I’m inspiring some of you to do the little things.  Even holding a door open makes a difference!!

 

I’m just some girl, and I’m hoping that some of you out there are sharing the kindness with me!

 

Xoxo JSG

 

No comments:

Post a Comment