Wednesday 25 September 2013

overdue update...

I have a bit of a confession.  I've been missing in action from this blog for many reasons.  Are they excuses, maybe... but I'm only human.

Work has been absolute insanity lately, and things outside of that... not much better.  To be completely honest, there was a short period where I think I even lost a bit of faith in this project.  I'm not sure if it is because of the lack of response, or lack of encouragement I feel like I've been giving people... or the fact that I hope to inspire, but will never know if I have... but there was a dark, dark period where I had to wonder "What's the point?"

And then I started hearing all these stories on Facebook or the radio about people leaving ridiculously large tips, or even one guy returning money to a blind man who had dropped it without realizing, and so on... and then I felt inspired again.  I felt a bit intimidated, as though maybe I wasn't doing enough, so I've been trying to focus on the little things and regroup.  I've been making an extra effort to be sure to open doors and remember to say "please and thank you" (honestly this seems so insignificant, but if you ever stop to think about just how few people actually do this... you would realize how much of an impact it CAN have).

I've also been trying to practice my patience.  Now, some people may not see this as an act of kindness, but when I think of all the people in the past that I've lost my temper on or been (visibly) impatient with, I know that a little patience goes a long way.  This applies to coworkers, family (even though it's really, really hard sometimes) friends, and even pets.  Honestly! People (and pets) can tell when you are impatient/frustrated/annoyed, and that can ruin their day so easily... and it only takes a few mental notes to just "check yourself" and move on.

Lastly, I've been working on a plan.  A plan for how I can do more without burning myself out, how I can participate and share kindness, how I can spread happiness and love... but I'm still trying to think of a way.

I would really love any ideas you might have, so if you're reading this... please share!

Until next time (which hopefully will be sooner, rather than later) I'm just some girl... trying to balance life and kindness... hoping that you'll help!

xoxo JSG

No comments:

Post a Comment